Occupational Therapists play a pivotal role in helping people of all ages and abilities to understand and manage challenges brought about through illness, ageing or accident, so they can continue their everyday occupations. Kent OT develops partnerships with people to make lasting positive changes to their lives, and are very familiar with the particular challenges that manual and powered wheelchairs can bring to someone.
Sarah and Sophie will come alongside you or your loved one without preconception to build a full picture of the unique challenges that may be being experienced. Every person, home environment and illness or injury differ which demands a person-centred, bespoke and empathetic approach. Whether you'd prefer the assessment at home or at work they would be delighted to help.
Particular services offered include:
- Trips and Falls Risk Assessment
- Seating and Postural Management
- Mobility Recommendations and Advice
- Safety advice
- Integration to and adaptation of new environments
- Advice and support to carry out activities that you need or want to do
- Continuity of support pre, during and post operation
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
- Multisensory Reminiscence Activity
For more information about services offered, including contact details, please visit Kent OT's Website